Sunday 2 June 2013

L'Acadien






When new look-offs were added to the Acadien trail a few years ago, I decided to hike it again, but I wasn't expecting anything grandiose. I remembered doing it years ago and not being particularly wowed. Since I made that second trek, however, I've gone each and every summer. From 1200 ft above sea-level, there are now multiple panoramic views of the coast below and of the Cheticamp river. There are steep sections, and the return hike takes about three hours, more with breaks, but the views are stunning. If a local person suggests doing the Skyline Trail for the hundredth time, L'Acadien is my new proposed plan B--particularly since dogs are allowed and the trail is much quieter than the popular Skyline.

Map - Acadian
Map - Acadian Trail © Parks Canada  

No comments:

Post a Comment